Full Time Teaching Assistant.
Bratton Primary School is a village school, set in spacious grounds in the heart of Bratton, near Westbury. You will be joining a growing village school, which received an Ofsted Good judgement in May 2017 and which sits at the heart of a supportive community.
We are committed to reflective, open education, doing so with integrity, focussing on ensuring that all members of our school community are aware of the endless possibilities they have to grow and develop, both within our school and beyond. Children at Bratton Primary will leave us being confident, curious and considerate individuals who are socially and academically equipped to meet the challenges of the modern world and it is our job to ensure they all aspire to the highest levels of personal achievement and development.
The Governors are looking to appoint a dynamic and committed Teaching Assistant to join the school working 26.25 hours over 5 days a week. Ideally with a minimum of a NVQ2 or equivalent. Experience of the following is desirable but not essential:
- Working with children with ASD
- Working with children in Key Stage 1
- Having a knowledge of using Read Write Inc to teach phonics
The successful candidates will support individuals and groups of children with their learning both in and outside of the classroom and support teachers with the learning environment.
The successful candidates will be:
- Contribute effectively to teachers’ planning and preparation of lessons
- Work within a framework set by the teacher, plan own role in lessons including the provision of feedback to pupils and colleagues on pupils’ learning and behaviour.
- Contribute effectively to the selection and preparation of teaching resources to meet the diversity of pupils’ needs and interests.
- Contribute to the planning of opportunities for pupils to learn in out-of-school contexts, in accordance with school policies and procedures.
- Deliver lessons to pupils, using clearly structured teaching and challenging learning activities which interest and motivate pupils and advance their independence as learners. This includes lessons delivered via distance learning or computer aided techniques.
- Promote and support the inclusion of all pupils in the learning activities in which they are involved, using behaviour management strategies, which contribute to a purposeful learning environment, in line with the school’s policy and procedures.
- Recognise and respond effectively to any equal opportunities issues which arise, eg by challenging stereotyped views, bullying or harassment, following relevant policies and procedures.
We can offer you an engaged, determined leadership team, supportive Governors and motivated, enthused children. Wiltshire Support Staff pay grade, the annual rate of pay is Grade D-E.
Hours of work: 26.25 hours
Contract type: Temp with the possibility for perm once staffing profile has been reviewed
Closing date (and time): Thursday 5th May 2022
Interview date: Tuesday 10th May2022
Commencement date: As soon as possible post interview
Jan 22 Job Applicants Privacy Notice v1.0
This school is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people and expects all staff and volunteers to share this commitment.
All applicants will be subject to a Disclosure and Barring Service check before appointment is confirmed.