We are looking for the following to join our friendly and valued team…
Recruitment – Temporary Teaching Assistant & MDSA Hours
Bratton Primary School is a village school, set in spacious grounds in the heart of Bratton, near Westbury. You will be joining a growing village school, which received an Ofsted Good judgement in May 2017 and which sits at the heart of a supportive community.
We are committed to reflective, open education, doing so with integrity, focussing on ensuring that all members of our school community are aware of the endless possibilities they have to grow and develop, both within our school and beyond. Children at Bratton Primary will leave us being confident, curious and considerate individuals who are socially and academically equipped to meet the challenges of the modern world and it is our job to ensure they all aspire to the highest levels of personal achievement and development.
The Governors are looking to appoint a dynamic and committed Teaching Assistant with additional MDSA hours, to join the school working 16.25 hours over 5 days a week, with an additional 6.25 hours for MDSA role. Ideally with a minimum of a NVQ2 or equivalent. This role is temporary.
The successful candidates will be:
- Contribute effectively to teachers’ planning and preparation of lessons
- Work within a framework set by the teacher, plan own role in lessons including the provision of feedback to pupils and colleagues on pupils’ learning and behaviour.
- Contribute effectively to the selection and preparation of teaching resources to meet the diversity of pupils’ needs and interests.
- Contribute to the planning of opportunities for pupils to learn in out-of-school contexts, in accordance with school policies and procedures.
- Deliver lessons to pupils, using clearly structured teaching and challenging learning activities which interest and motivate pupils and advance their independence as learners. This includes lessons delivered via distance learning or computer aided techniques.
- Promote and support the inclusion of all pupils in the learning activities in which they are involved, using behaviour management strategies, which contribute to a purposeful learning environment, in line with the school’s policy and procedures.
- Recognise and respond effectively to any equal opportunities issues which arise, eg by challenging stereotyped views, bullying or harassment, following relevant policies and procedures.
We can offer you an engaged, determined leadership team, supportive Governors and motivated, enthused children. Wiltshire Support Staff pay grade, the annual pay for a TA is £10.21 per hours, with the MDSA role at £9.25 per hour.
Closing Date: 9am Monday 4th October, but we welcome applications as soon as possible, ideally for a handover with the successful applicant.
If you require any additional information, please contact the school office.