Maternity cover post for a full time class teacher, working in our mixed age Year 1 / 2 class
Bratton Primary School is a village school, set in spacious grounds in the heart of Bratton, near Westbury. You will be joining a growing village school, which received an Ofsted Good judgement in May 2017 and which sits at the heart of a supportive community.
The Governors are looking to appoint an outstanding, dynamic and ambitious teacher committed to moving the school from Good to Outstanding. The advertised maternity cover post is for a full time class teacher, working in our mixed age Year 1 / 2 class.
We are committed to reflective, open education, doing so with integrity, focussing on ensuring that all members of our school community are aware of the endless possibilities they have to grow and develop, both within our school and beyond. Children at Bratton Primary will leave us being confident, curious and considerate individuals who are socially and academically equipped to meet the challenges of the modern world and it is our job to ensure they all aspire to the highest levels of personal achievement and development.
The successful candidates will be:
- Inspiring and motivated teachers.
- Committed to excellence in all they do, fostering high expectations of all pupils, including vulnerable groups.
- Committed to on-going professional development.
- Highly effective practitioners in terms of planning, lesson delivery and assessment for learning.
- Skilled in the delivery of the National Curriculum and engaged with innovative assessment protocols, including embedded formative assessment, to secure maximum learning impact.
- Be able to develop positive relationships with pupils, staff and parents and exhibit excellent interpersonal skills and collaborative working.
- Willing and able to support / lead a subject area and raise standards across the school.
- Rigorous in ensuring pupils make the required progress in order to reach age related expectations.
We can offer you an engaged, determined leadership group, supportive staff and Governors and motivated, enthused children. With current restricted access please visit our virtual tour: https://www.bratton.wilts.sch.uk/open-day-and-new-parents-information-2020-2021/
Hours of work: Full time
Contract type: Maternity Cover
Closing date (and time): 12pm Friday 12th March
Interview date: Week of 15th March
Commencement date: 19th April 2021
We are looking for an MDSA to join our friendly and valued team to supervise the children during lunch and play. The post is for 3 lunchtimes per week.
You will be required to initiate and encourage positive play and activities, both on the playground and indoors on wet days and assist in the lunch hall when required. We can offer:
- A stunning village school environment
• Opportunities for Professional Development
• An opportunity to work with a friendly and welcoming staff
A job share would be considered. We can offer you an engaged, determined leadership team, supportive Governors and motivated, enthused children. Visits to see the school at work are welcome and encouraged.
£8.55ph – 3.45 hours per week.
Application forms are available from the school.