Here are some links from the DFE to multiple home learning sites, some of which we have already sent, but others that may be new and worth exploring:
Here are some more ideas to keep you learning at home:
- Check out some activities on BBC BiteSize https://www.bbc.co.uk/bitesize/primary
- Check out some live lessons on BBC Teach https://www.bbc.co.uk/teach/live-lessons/primary-live-lessons/zmc9jhv
- Watch Newsround https://www.bbc.co.uk/newsround
- Watch a virtual Longleat Safari https://www.longleat.co.uk/news/longleat-launches-virtual-safari
- Watch the International Space Station pass overhead
– 2nd April 20:46 West to SEE
– 3rd April 21:36 SW
- Learn a new skill from YouTube (check with your parents/carers first)
- Complete a daily Lego challenge. Try these to get you started:
- Day 1: You are hired by Thorpe Park to create a new and exciting rollercoaster,
- Day 2: NASA needs you to build a new rocket!
- Day 3: You’ve won the lottery! Design your dream house!
- Day 4: Hollywood hires you to build a new set for their new film!
- Day 5: Aliens have landed but their spaceship is broken. They need you to build them a new one.
- With the adults at home, pick 5 ingredients that you have in the cupboards or fridge to create a brand new recipe.
- Every time that you think about something you wish you could do but can’t at the moment due to the lock down, write it down on a scrap of paper and put it into a jar. When this is over, you can work your way through them on weekends and in the holidays.
- Read lots of books and write reviews, create illustrations of your favourite part, or use the characters to write your own story.
- Do some colouring – It’s a great way to unwind and be creative!
- Create a journal or blog on your experience of lockdown – what have you been doing? How has it been?
We thought we would also send you some more weblinks of sites you may well already know about, but if not, they are worth looking into to help with further enriching your home learning:
- Scout Group – plenty of activity ideas to carry out at home – https://www.scouts.org.uk/the-great-indoors/
- Carol Vorderman – free access to her maths factor website – https://www.themathsfactor.com/
- International children’s book day to celebrate and join in with this week – https://www.ibby.org/awards-activities/activities/international-childrens-book-day
- Free online ballet lessons – https://www.facebook.com/SarahDuFeuTheBalletCoach/
- David Walliams – elevenses story time daily – https://www.worldofdavidwalliams.com/elevenses/
- Harry Potter Wizarding activities – https://www.wizardingworld.com/collections/harry-potter-at-home
- PE at home – as well as continuing with Joe Wicks at home, our PE sports coaching company, PH sports, are sending out lesson ideas for continuing PE at home. We have posted this weeks lesson ideas on the home learning resources page of our website: https://www.bratton.wilts.sch.uk/home-learning-resources/
Scholastic home learning packs:
- Scholastic – they are offering free home learning packs – https://www.scholastic.co.uk/search/search?utf8=%E2%9C%93&search%5Bsite%5D=corporate&search%5Bquery%5D=home+learning+packs&search%5Bregion%5D=uk&log=t
Mathletics poster for parents:
Oxford Reading tree and Oxford Owl resources:
- e-book versions of many of the reading scheme books are now available for free: https://www.oxfordowl.co.uk/for-home/find-a-book/library-page/?view=image&query=&type=book&age_group=&level=&level_select=&book_type=&series=#
- Please do also visit the oxford owl reading page for more advice, support and activities: https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/reading/., as well as their maths pages https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/maths/ and English pages https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/english/.
- Great definitions and videos to help with maths teaching at: home: https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/at-school/education-glossary/maths-education-glossary-a-l/
- Great definitions and videos to help with English teaching at:https://home.oxfordowl.co.uk/at-school/education-glossary/grammar-literacy-glossary-a-c/
Letterjoin login details:
- Letter-joinHomeAccessPE lesson ideas for home learning:
- EYFS.KS1-Week-2 (1)
- Free phonics play access: https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/
- free PE lessons from Joe Wicks : https://www.thebodycoach.com/blog/pe-with-joe-1254.html.