The PE and Sport Premium is an allocation of additional funding for schools to make additional and sustainable improvements to the quality of PE and sport they offer.
This means that they should use the premium to:
- develop or add to the PE and sport activities that the school already offers
- make improvements now that will benefit pupils joining the school in future years
For example, schools can use the funding to:
- hire qualified sports coaches to work with teachers
- provide existing staff with training or resources to help them teach PE and sport more effectively
- introduce new sports or activities and encourage more pupils to take up sport
- support and involve the least active children by running or extending school sports clubs, holiday clubs and Change4Life clubs
- run sport competitions
- increase pupils’ participation in the School Games
- run sports activities with other schools
Details of how we use the funding at Bratton School are on our Sport Premium Plan which is available to view on the link below.