Full Job vacancy title Teaching Assistant
Salary range Grade D / Grade E – dependent on experience
Is a DBS required? Yes
We require a flexible, preferably experienced Teaching Assistant, term time only, to work in class supporting learning and teaching. Qualification of NVQ level 2 or equivalent would be an advantage but is not essential.
We are ideally looking for someone who:
- Already has experience of working with children with special educational needs
- Is motivated and flexible in their approach to supporting teaching and learning
- Has a positive presence in the classroom with children, staff and parents
- Is able to work effectively alongside the class teacher through:
- supporting the development of skills in English, maths, communication and social and behavioural needs
- differentiating work for individual pupils to suit their ability
- using knowledge of pupils learning support needs to suggest appropriate adjustments to lesson plans to Teachers
- clarifying and explaining instructions
- ensuring pupils are able to use equipment and materials provided
- motivating and supporting pupils
- helping pupils to concentrate on and finish work set
- meeting physical needs as required while promoting independence
- liaising with class teacher and Special Educational Needs Co-ordinator about Individual Education Plans
- developing appropriate resources to support pupils
We are committed to our children’s education, from Reception to Year 6. At Bratton Primary School we are deeply aware of the key role we play in the first 7 years of children’s formal education, aiming to establish in every member of our school the skills, engagement and interest to become lifelong learners. We are committed to reflective, open education, doing so with integrity, focussing on ensuring that all members of our school community are aware of the endless possibilities they have to grow and develop, both within our school and beyond. Children at Bratton Primary will leave us being confident, curious and considerate individuals who are socially and academically equipped to meet the challenges of the modern world and it is our job to ensure they all aspire to the highest levels of personal achievement and development.
We can offer you an engaged, determined leadership group, supportive Governors and motivated, enthused children.
Hours of work: Full time – 25 hours a week
Contract type: Permanent
Closing date (and time): 12pm Friday 16th October
Interview date: Week of 19th October
Commencement date: As soon as possible following the interview
We are looking for an MDSA to join our friendly and valued team to supervise the children during lunch and play. The post is for 3 lunchtimes per week.
You will be required to initiate and encourage positive play and activities, both on the playground and indoors on wet days and assist in the lunch hall when required. We can offer:
- A stunning village school environment
• Opportunities for Professional Development
• An opportunity to work with a friendly and welcoming staff
A job share would be considered. We can offer you an engaged, determined leadership team, supportive Governors and motivated, enthused children. Visits to see the school at work are welcome and encouraged.
£8.55ph – 3.45 hours per week.
Application forms are available from the school.